Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to Learn from Problem Clients & Online Writing Jobs

In yesterday’s post, I told you about a client who tried to pay $25 for a $125 press release. Here are some more lessons from that encounter.

Remember when I mentioned in that post yesterday that the client didn’t know the difference between an article and a press release? I was amazed because to look at their site, you’d think they were a highly successful internet marketing firm.

I mean, one of their services was writing and distributing press releases for clients. Following are a few more lessons I learned – yet again – from that client. And, I say, “yet again” because I’ve been at this long enough that I’ve run across some problems multiple times.

If You Want to Make a Living as a Freelance Writer, Don't Forget the Following (read the entire post here).

SEO Writing Jobs for Today
(see note in yesterday’s post about why I’ve started to list these)

Writers Wanted for Online How-To Resource

Freelance Online Writer

Seeking Authors for Content Articles

Freelance Web Content Writers Part Time Work from Home

Freelance Writers Needed

Up and Coming Entertainment Blog Needs Freelancers to Create Content in Gulfport

All New Magazine Seeks Freelance Writers

Health and Fitness Freelance Writers

Disclaimer: I do not guarantee the validity of any job listings. Do your due diligence (ie, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is). My advice on finding freelance writing work: Don’t pay for work and don’t work for pennies, but do take advantage of opportunities.

I hope everybody had a fruitful Tuesday. I had one of those days where I just couldn't seem to get anything done. I was dragging, grouchy and just all around unmotivated. This is only supposed to happen on Mondays!!! Arrrrggghhhh. I'm going to bed early tonight and will try for a more productive day tomorrow.

One more thing: A new issue of Inkwell Editorial's newsletter, How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career, comes out tomorrow. And, I'm gonna have a goodie in there for everybody, so don't forget to read it.

Night, night now!

Yuwanda Black, Publisher
http://inkwelleditorial.com/
http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
http://seo-article-writer.com/
http://seo-articles-for-sale.com/
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S: Want to learn how to make at least $250/day writing simple 500-word articles? Read how here.
***********************************************
Read Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial's newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, "starving freelancer." Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.

Previous Issue: Spotlight on SEO Content Writing. How to make money at it, effective marketing tips and more. Long-time freelancer Sharon Hurley Hall shares her success tips on this and so much more. Sharon can be found online at http://getpaidtowriteonline.com/ and http://sharonhurleyhall.com/. Subscribe to read this and all previous issues.

Current Issue. Interview with author and freelance writer Misti Sandefur. Also, info on 4 quick, simple things I do on a daily basis to increase traffic to my website and blog (and you can too!); how I made $4,000 in 30-days from one client -- and a whole lot more!
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com: Freelance success stories, e-courses, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Get the e-report, How to Make at Least $100/Day as a Freelance Writer -- free! Log on to http://www.freelancewritingwebsite.com/ for details. Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

No comments: