Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Get SEO Writing Work With No Experience: How One Freelancer Did It

Today’s post is an update on “Mary’s story.” Who is Mary? Mary is a freelance writer who recently started to do SEO writing. She bought my ebook on the subject and started to get queries from clients before she even started to market. Read about that here.

Along the way, Mary has generously allowed me to chronicle her story, from her panic of answering that first email query from a client, to advice I gave her on how to grow her business to make $5,000/month, or more, by outsourcing work to other freelancers. Here’s the latest on Mary’s foray into the SEO writing sector.

Email Received from Mary

“Yuwanda . . . I just finished an e-mail "blast" to 15 SEO companies. I'm making some progress. I just checked my site's stats . . . after sending out queries the last couple of days. And this time they [site visitors] stayed longer . . . and looked at almost all of my site's pages, something that hasn't happened yet. So I'm rather pleased.

Email I Sent to Mary

Mary that's great! Keep up the good work, and let me know about that first PAYING project.

Email Received from Mary Later that Same Day

Mary: So I come home from work and what do I see, this e-mail from one of my queries:

Read the rest of the story here.

Sincerely,
Yuwanda Black, Publisher
http://inkwelleditorial.com/
http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
http://seo-article-writer.com/
http://seo-articles-for-sale.com/
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S: I'm looking for freelance writing websites that accept ads. Know of any? Shoot the link to info *at* InkwellEditorial.com.
**************************************************
Read Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial's newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, "starving freelancer." Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.

Previous Issue: Spotlight on SEO Content Writing. How to make money at it, effective marketing tips and more. Long-time freelancer Sharon Hurley Hall shares her success tips on this and so much more. Sharon can be found online at http://getpaidtowriteonline.com/ and http://sharonhurleyhall.com/. Subscribe to read this and all previous issues.

Current Issue. Interview with author and freelance writer Misti Sandefur. Also, info on 4 quick, simple things I do on a daily basis to increase traffic to my website and blog (and you can too!); how I made $4,000 in 30-days from one client -- and a whole lot more!
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com: Freelance success stories, e-courses, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Get the e-report, How to Make at Least $100/Day as a Freelance Writer -- free! Log on to http://www.freelancewritingwebsite.com/ for details. Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of these types of things are gimmicky and I think do people a great disservice; there is money to be made in freelance writing and I have figured out a very stable way to do it without the figuring out how to get paid headache. Thanks for the supplemental information. Hopefully people are smart enough to take the good (which this content is) and bypass the sour information.

Lyn Lomasi said...

Great blog! I will definitely link to you from my freelance blog. You have a great resource of lessons that I feel many freelance writers could benefit from. :-)

Yuwanda Black said...

Ashley you're so right. That's why I advise freelancers to seek information from those who actually ARE freelance writers.

Mommy2Lots -- thanks for the link love!

Yuwanda