Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Freelance Writing Success

A brand, spanking new freelance success story was added to InkwellEditorial.com today. Enjoy!

**************************
EXCERPT

I began freelance writing in 2002, not knowing that I would eventually do it full time. I wrote an article about the thing that I know best--dance. When I heard nothing back, I gave up on the idea for a while to concentrate on my teaching career. A year later, the editor from the magazine contacted me, asking to use my piece.

I was totally caught off-guard, and with that little bit of encouragement I was on my way. Feeling confident, I wrote an article about something else I had experience with--setting up a fishtank. I flipped through Writer's Market and picked a place to send it--Boys' Life. Six weeks later, an acceptance came, along with a contract for hundreds of dollars.

Click or cut/paste the following link into your browser to see the complete schedule for this series: http://www.inkwelleditorial.com/CareerCenter/success/intro.htm.
**************************
FREE FREELANCE WRITING CONTACTS!
I have spent the last six months or so compiling a list of freelance writing guidelines. I had hoped to build the list to 1,000, but due to other pressing demands, will not be able to devote the time to it. To date, I have compiled and verified a list 180 contacts.This list is free to anyone who orders an Inkwell Editorial e-book during the month of October. It will be sent to you as an attached MS Word file (for ease of opening) after your order has been received.

With thanks,
Y. Black, Proprietor,
Inkwell Editorial

SAMPLE LISTING: Please note, listings vary, eg, there are guidelines for e-zines, magazines, websites, etc. In short, something for everyone.

COMPANY:
Foresight Publishing, Inc.
3717 National Drive, Ste 208
Raleigh, NC 27612

URL: http://www.insurancenewsletters.com/

Submission Guidelines: http://www.insurancenewsletters.com/jobs.htm

About: Foresight Publishing offers content driven marketing tools specifically for insurance agents, providing them a simple, low cost method of growing and retaining their businesses. We are always looking for writers with experience in the markets we cover: employee benefits, commercial lines, personal lines, and personal finance. Writers must have current knowledge of at least one of these markets, and must be able to prepare client friendly articles for use in our newsletter publications.Pay: Based on experience and the quality of your work. Articles will need to be fairly short at 400-600 words each. Offering steady monthly work.

To Apply: Please send resume, writing samples, and requirements to info@insurancenewsletters.com. No phone calls, please.

No comments: